- All entries must be submitted digitally. Send us a link to your film on an online platform like Vimeo. Be sure to give us the online location of your film, with any relevant passwords needed for viewing, as well as your submission tracking number.
- If you are submitting more than one entry, a separate submission is required for each film.
- If the Project is selected please send any related press materials, including electronic press kit, and photos to email@example.com, including your tracking number.
- All genre films will be accepted.
- The film production can be from any year.
- All films must be under 30 minutes.
- Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
- Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category or different categories.
- We’ll not screen your work online.
- Only online submission will be accepted through film festival platforms.
- All submissions are final. No refunds are provided.
- After a film has been selected and the filmmaker is notified, the film will be listed on the festival web site under official selections.
- The official language of the Festival is English.
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, Bucharest Short Film Festival reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. Bucharest Short Film Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
- Films can not be withdrawn from the festival program after being selected.
- Each participant is responsible for the content of his/her work and for any possible copyright problems. The participant owns all rights concerning the usage of his/her work according to the regulations. The Festival Committee has no responsibility to third parties. The Festival Committee has the right to reject films, if the content or technical quality does not correspond to the Festival conditions.
The candidates must respect the following rules:
- Each entry will be accompanied by non-refundable fees. No Checks are accepted to pay submission fees, only online payment through Festival Platforms.
- Entrance fee is non-refundable. Entries will not be processed without entry fee payment
- The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
- The Festival reserves the right to shut the festival at any time without any notification.
- Any Film, selected or not selected, will be a decision of selection panel which is final and accepted by all.
- The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all.
- By Submitting the film, you agree to our GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN Bucharest Short Film Festival and that you have read our Rules and Regulations
- The sender of the submitted film or screenplay is responsible for all copyrights. He is legally authorized to enter his film or screenplay in the festival and, if selected for the festival, authorized to give screening permission.
- Filmmaker agrees that film entered into the festival may be selected for screening at the Festival and may also be screened in other media in association with the promotion of the film festival via live screenings or television.
- The applicant has secured all necessary rights for both picture and sound, and the exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights, including but not limited to music, images, and content.
- If selected for the festival the applicant acknowledges and agrees that an exhibition quality digital screening file must be made available for screening by the Date of Event.
- The film or screenplay, including all copyrights, remains the property of the author.
- The films will be handled with the outmost care. However, the festival management will assume no liability for damages or loss.
- If screenings or information are inaccurate or flawed, the organizer is only liable in case of gross negligence.
- The applicant has to read and accept the regulations and guidelines for participation.
GENERAL AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN Bucharest Short Film Festival:
I have read and accept the Rule’s and regulations of Bucharest Short Film Festival. I authorize Bucharest Short Film Festival to screen my film at the ceremony each season to compete for the award of the best film in each category: Narrative Film, Animation, Documentary, Experimental, Student, Music Video, Fashion, Stop motion, Human rights. I certify that I hold necessary rights for the presentation of this film in Bucharest Short Film Festival and that all rights and permissions have been made. This film is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. By accepting these conditions, I transfer to Bucharest Short Film Festival the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the various social networks and on the website of the festival, and for other non-commercial purposes related to the promotion of the festival. I hereby agree to indemnify Bucharest Short Film Festival, in the event that such rights have not been properly transferred.